Sunday, January 3, 2010

Extended Stay at Fountain of Youth




Sun - Jan. 3rd

We didn't leave last week after all.



We were enjoying the pools and hot tubs so much, that we decided to stay another week. These are pictures of and from the pool areas.



But John's favorite thing was the $4.00 pancake, ham and egg breakfast they served on Saturday mornings.


I don't know if you saw it on the news, but there was a 5.8 earthquake a few days ago just over the Mexican border, about 75 miles south of us. I was in the bathroom and thought John was jumping around or something. I yelled at him and he thought I was doing it. Then we realized what it was.








These are pictures I took while biking a ten mile loop from the campground several times.












Maybe you can tell why they are called the Chocolate Mountains.






I could see the Salton Sea, several mountain ranges and the desert all around me as I biked. I had to go through the border patrol just before here. There are lots of border patrol officers cruising the back roads around here.

This is our campground as I returned on my bike. They have over a thousand sites and most are occupied.


It was just about dusk when I arrived back at camp.

We are for sure leaving for Yuma in the morning.
Good Night.
Tarra
P.S.
If you want a good movie to laugh at, get "The Long, Long Trailer" with Lucille Ball and Dezi Arnez. Think of us when you watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment